Monday, September 6, 2010

Waiting is almost over

I feel conflicted today.

This week is Orientation Week, depending on what school you go to in Canada. Both my alma mater and my new school are having their O-Weeks at the same time.

But this is where that conflict comes in.

I miss my alma mater, the university that I called home for seven school years. I miss my O-Week ritual of walking around campus and watching all the excited first-years navigate around and go to all the various events with their new friends. I miss directing people around the complicated Arts building. I miss the free food and events on the large field in the centre of campus.

BUT.

I am mind-numbingly excited to begin the year at my new university. It won't be the same, for sure, but this excitement is very real. And yet, I can't help but be a little sad about moving on. It's a very strange combination of feelings, to be honest.

I start my new program with an orientation day on Wednesday, officially. I just hope these conflicted feelings will sort themselves out before then, because I just want to be super excited, like I have been over the past, uh, SEVERAL MONTHS.

Wednesday feels too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment